- This event has passed.
October 12 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Join the Open Parent Education Network for a virtual meeting where Beth Lawrence, speech-language pathologist with a specialty in literacy, will be discussing:
- Reading comprehension – role of nuanced vocabulary, background knowledge, visualization and higher level language skills.
- What is figurative language, how is it identified in a school setting, and what do supports, objectives, goals and progress reports look like?
- Inferential language such as Ambiguity, idioms, metaphors, etc.
- Language formulation – succinctly conveying enough information; use of sequencing terms; understanding how definitions, compare/contrast, descriptive and step-by-step directions should be worded.
- Word retrieval – organization of known vocabulary for ease of retrieval during conversation.
- Written language – responding to prompts with succinct analysis; conveying a main idea with supporting details/textual evidence.
Meeting ID: 857 7194 7120