skip to Main Content

Your Due Process Rights

You are receiving services from a County Board of DD; this process may be used.

Administrative Resolutions of Complaints

We encourage you to share any concerns you have with the staff or administration of the County Board of Developmental Disabilities. All people supported by the Board are entitled to a formal process for resolving differences known as the “Administrative Resolution of Complaints.” Copies of this policy are available at the Board office. Prior to initiating this process, however, all people supported are encouraged to bring their concerns to their SSA (or other board employees as appropriate). Most issues can be resolved through open dialogue and discussion.

If your services are funded through Medicaid, this process also applies.

Medicaid Fair Hearing/Due Process Rights

Individuals that are enrolled on a waiver (IO, TDD, SELF, or Level 1), or that have been placed on a waiting list for a waiver, are entitled to Medicaid Appeals/Due Process anytime Medicaid services are denied, terminated, reduced, delayed (placed on a waiting list) or approved.

Frequently Asked Questions

Actions related to Medicaid: denial, reduction, delay (being placed on a waiting list) or approval of services.

Call or write your local agency or write to the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, State Hearings, 30 East Broad Street, 31st Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215-3414 or email the Bureau of State Hearings at If you receive a notice about denying, reducing or stopping your assistance or services, fill out that form and mail it to State Hearings. You may also fax your hearing request to State Hearings at (614)728-9574.

Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.

An individual or guardian; someone else may request on behalf of an individual 18 or over who does not have a guardian if the individual provides a written statement giving permission for a person to serve as his or her “Authorized Representative”.

You must provide the individual’s name, social security number and the action you want to appeal.

You may bring a lawyer, welfare rights worker, friend or relative with you to the hearing. To see if you qualify for free legal help, contact your local Legal Aid Office by calling1-800-589-5888.

Additional information on Ohio Department of Jobs and Family State Hearings may be found at

For more information on Medicaid due process, contact your SSA or the offices of County Jobs and Family Services.

Back To Top