The Medina County Board of DD is happy to offer First Aid/CPR training free of charge to providers who serve individuals with developmental disabilities throughout Medina County. First Aid/CPR training is crucial when providing services, and puts the health and safety needs of the individual served at the forefront. Learn about the First Aid/CPR certification process by reading below.
Provider Agencies or Independent Providers serving individuals in Medina County who need an initial First Aid/CPR certification or a renewal of their American Red Cross certification must send a request email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- First name, last name, and phone number of the of the provider seeking First Aid/CPR certification
- Valid email address
- Name of the provider agency or indicate you are an independent provider – If you are in the process of becoming an independent provider, include information stating who you’re working with/will be working with so MCBDD staff are able to verify that the individual is served through Medina County
- Indicate if “Initial Certification” or “Renewal Certification” is needed
Initial Certification Classes
For providers who do not currently hold a valid certification through American Red Cross.
- Upon receiving the request email, MCBDD staff will enroll the provider in the American Red Cross system.
- Provider will then need to complete the online self-study portion of the class.
- Following the completion of the online portion of the training, providers will need to email email@example.com to indicate that they have completed the online portion.
- Providers will need to schedule the in-person skills session, which will be completed at the MCBDD Achievement Center (4691 Windfall Rd., Medina, OH). All providers attending an in-person skills session will be required to perform at least one full cycle of CPR on the practice mannequin on the floor.
Renewal Certification Classes
For providers who currently hold a valid certification through the American Red Cross and are approaching their expiration date.
Upon receiving the request email, MCBDD staff will verify status and email a sign-up link for an in-person skills session which will be completed at the MCBDD Achievement Center (4691 Windfall Rd., Medina, OH). All providers attending an in-person skills session will be required to perform at least one full cycle of CPR on the practice mannequin on the floor.
Please plan ahead (approximately 30 days for renewal certifications) and allow enough time for the provider to complete the full class if an initial or renewal certification is needed. As a point of emphasis, initial certificates will NOT be processed until both the online and in-person skills portions are complete.
Providers will have 45 days to complete both the online portion and the in-person skills portion of the course. After 45 days, the course will be canceled.