Implements curriculum and programs consistent with student’s Individual Education Plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assesses developmental level of students and gathers evaluative data, plans and implements instructional goals and programs on basis of evaluation and assessment and provides instructions to eligible individuals.
- Provides instruction in approved curricular areas.
- Implements daily lesson plans consistent with students IEPs.
- Implements approved behavioral plans.
- Provides direction and training to instructor assistants, aides and/or volunteers assigned to assist in classroom.
- Prepares and maintain required reports and records.
- Maintain classroom conducive to learning and free of health and safety hazards.
- Conducts conferences with students parents and/or guardians and other appropriate personnel including home visits.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions.
- Attends educational meetings and conferences at request of supervisor.
A Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Special Education. Master’s degree preferred. Coursework or equivalent experience in areas of autism, challenging behaviors and multiple disabilities required.
Applicant must meet the additional requirements below…
- Must hold an Ohio Department of Education Early Childhood Intervention Specialist licensure. Must exhibit knowledge of autism spectrum disorders and the use of behavioral and visual strategies appropriate for students with autism and other communicative, cognitive, and behavioral disorders.
- Must hold current CPR/First Aid certification through either the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Must hold valid State of Ohio driver’s license. Must meet agency driving requirements.
- Must be willing and able to obtain Crisis Intervention Training at first available opportunity following hire date.
- Must be available to work a varied and flexible schedule to meet the needs of assigned individuals.
- Must successfully complete a BCI & FBI background check.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must meet all other agency employment requirements.
- Must meet all requirements as outlined on the attached job description.
Salary: $13.33 per hour
Hours: Intermittent/As Needed Basis
Date Available: Immediate start
Date Posted: October 2, 2019
Posting Removal Date: December 31, 2019
How to Apply: Please submit employment application and resume to email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact Katie Cantrell (Human Resources Clerk) at 330-725-7751 ext. 288
The Medina County Board of Developmental Disabilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.