Assists licensed instructor or specialist in teaching persons with developmental disabilities in approved or adopted curriculum areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists instructors in maintaining a classroom environment conducive to learning and free of health and safety hazards.
- Provides assistance in implementing daily lesson plans and approved behavioral plans consistent with the Individual Educational Plans.
- Assists in operating equipment and recording responses and efforts.
- Prepares materials needed for instruction.
- Assists students with mobility, physical and clothing needs such as positioning, feeding, toileting and getting on and off transportation vehicles.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining records and reports including but not limited to attendance, program objectives, behavioral data, progress data, revisions to IEP’s. Records data on charts and on records.
- Maintains files. Reproduces copies using office equipment. Types materials.
- At request of supervisor, attends meeting, conferences and/or home visits.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Working knowledge of student behavior plans strongly preferred.
Applicant must meet the additional requirements below…
- Must be able to attain Department of Education Educational Aide license.
- Must meet agency computer literacy requirements.
- Must meet all other agency employment requirements.
- Must meet all requirements as outlined on the corresponding job description.
- Must successfully complete a BCII/FBI background check.
- Must meet agency driving requirements. Must hold valid State of Ohio driver’s license. May be required to drive agency vehicles.
Salary: $9.75 per hour
Hours: Substitute; Intermittent/As Needed Basis
Date Available: Immediate start
Date Posted: October 2, 2019
Posting Removal Date: December 31, 2019
How to Apply: Please submit employment application and resume to email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact Katie Cantrell (Human Resources Clerk) at 330-725-7751 ext. 288
The Medina County Board of Developmental Disabilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.