Tier 1 Help Desk Technician position’s primary responsibility is to provide first level support to Medina County CBDD users by taking an initial telephone or email help desk requests. Help desk technician will perform basic troubleshooting and managing relatively simple hardware, software or network problems and log call activity. Level 1 must be able to recognize and escalate more difficult problems to the next tier of support as needed.
Help desk personnel need excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment and a one on one situation. Also, technicians should have a strong understanding of technology, including the various hardware, software, and networking systems being supported.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Handle Tier 1 help desk escalations through tickets or phone
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process
- Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records and licensing compliance.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT help
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assignments and process first-in first-out based on
- Document internal IT Help desk
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and
- Manage PC setup and deployment for employees using standard hardware, images and
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as
- Assists in the development and implementation of technology related
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
An Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent in experience and training.
Applicant must meet the additional requirements below…
- Must meet agency computer competency level requirements.
- Must meet agency driving requirements. May be required to drive agency vehicles. Must hold valid State of Ohio driver’s license.
- Must successfully complete a BCII background check.
- Must meet all other agency employment requirements. Must meet all requirements as outlined on the corresponding job description.
Salary: Minimal $30,000 per year, negotiable based on education/experience
Hours: 40 Hours per week/flexible schedule will be required
Available: Immediate Start
Date Posted: December 17, 2019
Posting Removal Date: When Filled
How to Apply: Submit employment application and resume to email@example.com
Questions: Please contact Katie Cantrell (Human Resources Clerk) at 330-725-7751 ext. 288
The Medina County Board of Developmental Disabilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.