General Election Day is Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
To Vote in Ohio, You Must:
- register at least 30 days before Election Day
- be a citizen of the United States
- be at least 18 years old on or before the next general election
- be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days before the election
How to Register to Vote:
- Visit www.MyOhioVote.com to complete registration online, download a blank form, or request one to be mailed to you OR pick up a blank form at the MCBDD Achievement Center.
- Complete the registration form.
- Return the completed form by mail (if not completed online) to the Secretary of State’s office or the Medina County Board of Elections OR return to the MCBDD Achievement Center
How do I Know if I’m Registered to Vote?
- Visit voterlookup.ohiosos.gov to check if you are registered. You can also update your information, such as address, there – but please note that updates also must be completed by Tuesday, October 7.
- There was a recent purge of Ohio voters; if you have not voted in six years, you may have been removed from the voter list. We recommend that everyone double check their voter status just to be sure.
Information for Voters with Disabilities:
Please visit MyOhioVote.com for more information.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Monday, October 7: Voter registration deadline
- Tuesday, October 8: Early in-person voting begins
- Tuesday, October 8: Absentee voting by mail also begins
- Saturday, November 2: Deadline to request your absentee ballot; ballot itself must be mailed by November 4
- Tuesday, November 5: General Election voting day; polls open from 6:30 am – 7:30 pm