Under the general supervision of the Director of Community Development, plans, develops, coordinates, and evaluates health education, consultation, and quality enhancement initiatives related to nursing and clinical care services for individuals, families, caregivers, community stakeholders, and MCBDD personnel. Must be available to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekend hours in order to meet operational and professional work demands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Orientates new personnel and participates in staff development and education in nursing standards of practice.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of education programs for related professional workers to meet needs of personnel and practitioners. Conducts training in CPR, First Aid, Administration of Medication and other health related activities for non-licensed staff to improve quality of services and in accordance with the Ohio Board of Nursing and the ODDD rules and regulations.
- Enters information into Ohio DODD database to certify and renew certification of designated provider staff in administration of medication and other medical activities and maintains associated records.
- Provides consultation to private providers and partnering agencies regarding certification and delegation of medical tasks for non-licensed staff to promote best practices within service delivery.
- Assists in developing employee health policies and infection control measures in compliance with OSHA, CARF, ODDD, and ODE regulations.
- Represents nursing at community meetings as requested. Partners with other health and social agencies to promote efficiency and effectiveness of services to individuals and their families.
- Assists and consults with staff, families, physicians and others about the medical needs of the individual upon request.
- Provides training and guidance regarding best practices related to health and safety topics.
- Keeps current on rules/regulations regarding delegated nursing, health/safety issues within the workplace, health issues pertaining to individuals with disabilities, and best practice to provide high quality services.
- Complete nursing task assessments as requested by the SSA Department.
- Assists in the preparation of the agency budget.
- Works collaboratively with all departments at MCBDD.
- Prepares reports and data as required.
- Establishes a positive atmosphere and promotes quality customer service and experience.
- May be exposed contagious diseases
- Demonstrates regular and consistent attendance.
- Attends and participates in healthcare conferences, trainings, and meetings relevant to the field of developmental disabilities and DD nursing.
- Performs other related duties as required by the Director Community Development
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in nursing with three to five years nursing experience, preferably with individuals with developmental disabilities. Qualified applicants will have experience training others. Must possess current State of Ohio license as a Registered Nurse. Must be eligible for an Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities certification as a RN Trainer. Must obtain and maintain CPR certification and First Aide certification. Current certification as an instructor of CPR/First Aide instructor through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association preferred.
Applicant must meet the additional requirements below…
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software. Must meet agency computer competency level requirements.
- Must meet agency driving requirements. May be required to drive agency vehicles. Must hold valid State of Ohio driver’s license.
- Must successfully complete a BCII background check.
- Must meet all other agency employment requirements. Must meet all requirements as outlined on the corresponding job description.
Salary: Approximately $40,000 annually; based on education & experience
Hours: Exempt position; minimum of 40 hours per week
Date Available: April 6th 2020
Date Posted: January 31st 2020
Posting Removal Date: December 31, 2019
How to Apply: Please submit employment application and resume to email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact Katie Cantrell (Human Resources Clerk) at 330-725-7751 ext. 288
The Medina County Board of Developmental Disabilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.