Develop relationships with local businesses for purposes of enclave development and job placement. Work towards developing partnerships with local business and community organizations. Consultant to businesses on disability awareness as well as legislation and regulations related to supported employment including ADA, EEOC and DOL etc. Work with individuals on informed choice, self-determination and active participation throughout the employment process. Train, counsel and support individuals on the process of seeking and obtaining community employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops a system for compiling and organizing information on businesses.
- Tracks labor trends, employer needs and job requirements.
- Updates information about employment opportunities in the local job market.
- Develops comprehensive job analysis.
- Works with RSC as a vendor for individualized job development and placement.
- Utilizes personal networking skills to promote job development in the community.
- Utilizes job carving options through work site analysis and individual needs.
- Markets services to businesses and community organizations through presentations, brochures, fliers, involvement in Chambers of Commerce and other community events.
- Develops and oversees an employer advisory committee.
- Schedules and makes presentations to individuals, parent groups, advocacy groups, service providers and employers.
- Serves as an educational resource for community employers.
- Trains individuals on job seeking skills, interviewing skills, resume preparations etc.
- Work with individuals on entrepreneurial endeavors: develops viable business plans, exploration of funding sources and resources.
- Develops, coordinates and teaches classes as needed.
- Coordinates skill development opportunities for work adjustment.
- Participates in job fairs and other recruiting events.
- Evaluates individual’s education, training, job history, interests, skills and personal traits and applies them to a job search.
- Responsible for overseeing Provider Plans for Extended Services.
- Communicates with relevant team members to ensure all members are fully informed and arrangement of team meetings as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required.
Applicant must meet the additional requirements below…
- Must meet agency computer competency level requirements. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must meet qualifications for ODDD Adult Services Certification.
- Prior to employment, individual must hold CPR and First Aide certification through either the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Must meet agency driving requirements. May be required to drive agency vehicles. Must hold valid State of Ohio driver’s license.
- Must successfully complete a BCII background check.
- Must meet all other agency employment requirements. Must meet all requirements as outlined on the corresponding job description.
Salary: Minimal $38,133 annual
Hours: 40 hours per week
Available: Immediate start
Date Posted: July 10, 2019
Posting Removal Date: July 19, 2019
Director of Community Employment
The Medina County Board of Developmental Disabilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.