Under direction of Community Relations Coordinator, assists, both independently and as part of a group, with the implementation of agency, community and public relations efforts for improved agency awareness, messaging and promotion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Social Media: assists with identifying news and engaging topics for social media efforts; Working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, etc.
- Video Production: assists with filming and post-production of video for online and social media usage. Working knowledge of Adobe Premier Pro and YouTube.
- Website: assists with the daily maintenance of agency external website to improve user experience. Working knowledge of Word Press.
- Publications: Assists in the creation, editing, production and distribution of a variety of internal and external print and digital publications, direct mail, ad campaigns, brochures, and newsletters. Works with vendors to produce publications in a timely and cost efficient manner. Working knowledge of Adobe CS and Constant Contact.
- Community Relations and Engagement: Assists as directed in executing communication, community engagement and public relations strategies and objectives. Maintains, tracks and reports all published information about the organization. Assists as directed in conducting surveys to obtain marketing information about the agency’s programs and services. Assists with implementation of agency crisis communication plan as directed.
- Special Events: assists with the logistics and coordination of special community events; assists with creation of community partnerships to expand awareness and reach of public relations efforts; works with volunteer coordinator for staffing of special events and community outreach opportunities.
- General Office: Composes and prepares routine correspondence and reports as directed. Maintains and orders office supplies; Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Associate’s Degree or equivalent in experience and/or training.
Applicant must meet the additional requirements below…
- Must meet agency computer competency requirements. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of Adobe CS, Microsoft Word, Constant Contact, Word Press, PowerPoint, and Social Media Networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc., and the ability to learn and adapt to other programs as needed.
- Must meet agency driving requirements. May be required to drive agency vehicles. Must hold valid State of Ohio driver’s license.
- Must successfully complete a BCII background check.
- Must meet all other agency employment requirements. Must meet all requirements as outlined on the corresponding job description.
Salary: Minimal $30,000 annual, to be determined based on education and experience
Hours: 40 Hours per week; flexible schedule required
Date Available: December 2, 2019
Date Posted: November 25, 2019
Posting Removal Date: December 6, 2019
How to Apply: Please submit employment application and resume to email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact Katie Cantrell (Human Resources Clerk) at 330-725-7751 ext. 288
The Medina County Board of Developmental Disabilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.